Friday, November 17, 2006

Ushpizin

it was really hard for me to have to excuse myself from a staff meeting that we only get to go to once in a week, but i sacrificed to watch Ushpizin with that Tread gang. it was interesting to see a community where God actually mattered, because here, even at church, God doesn't seem to always be the focus. When i am thinking about getting a new something, or going out somewhere, i never really ask if this is what God wants, it's more would i like to do it. In this movie it showed a community, that even though they may be doing it a bit religiously, they kept their focus on pleasing God. When they were blessed by God, they recognized it, and gave praise to Him as he had deserved to be. It also showed how the main character Moshe changed his whole life around, one of his freinds from earlier in life visited him, and when he saw that Moshe was very religious he thought at first it was a fake, just an act. As time went on his friend realized that no it wasnt a fake; Moshe was real. i hope my friends from highschool saw me now they might see a difference, if God is working in me there should be.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen J said...

Cool thoughts...sorry you had to miss the meeting, but glad you got something out of Ushpizin, I like that word. Hope this weekend has been sweet-lucky me, I got to have Lindsay:)

5:34 PM  
Blogger Yours Truly said...

there is a difference in you now.

I feel your staff meeting pain;)

3:09 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

JADE?????? The very same boy who pushed me into the phosphoressence on Thetis Island this summer after knowing me for one day? The boy whose YFC landrover we soaked with salt water after our midnight adventures? Is it really you?? Can it be?????

So Mr Jade, I am excited that I "stumbled" upon this blog of yours! Sounds like you are learning a lot and enjoying life!

Get in touch!

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home