Monday, November 06, 2006

Why a skull? Because i figured it out, why God is so stubbornly persisting to prod me. It is because i am stubborn and my skull is thick. God has to tell me a number of times that i need to learn something before i get it, i know what he's telling me, but i just decide that my ideas are better. In the last number of weeks i have been denying community very much, i don't really let people in, and i know the importance of it, of being accountable, like i've said before, i need to jump in somewhere. And why is it that I take so long to get there? i do not know.. There is a good chance though that I need to let go of some things, mostly my own thoughts, and how i think they are just a bit better than God's. It was mentioned in church today that some people are there own worst enemy, and that is me in more ways than one, i find that i don't have control over my own mind, and I can distract myself very, very easily. All that being said... "For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate." I can definatly sympathize with Paul here, it can be frusterating when I get caught up in it, but i know all i need to do is let God do His thing in me, and i hope to add water to this pot becuase it isn't always very formable.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen J said...

Cool to hear that the Lord is breaking through some barriers and teaching you more about who He is and who He wants you to be:) That's super exciting!! Keep on letting people in your life, enjoy that fellowship!

8:24 PM  
Blogger Yours Truly said...

as James says
"He who dares wins"

I'm excited about what God's teaching you!
the accountability thing definetly has been comming up alot, in class and YU, and challenging me too.

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home