Sunday, October 15, 2006

The Times They Are A-Changin'

Time flies when your having fun, and im having fun. It's always a cliche statement to say it seems like yesterday that we started the school year, but in a way it does. There is still a long ways to go, but it seems to be goin quicker than usual. This morning at living hope church, some of the Tread team did the music, that was pretty fun, i enjoy playin with them now. I've been thinking lately of what it means to be united. Through planning a lesson and talk to the chuch, I've realized again, (not something new), that this is something i am bad at, im not the most talkative person around, and you will often find me isolating myself, or sticking to groups of 2 or 3. But i guess stepping out of your comfort zone is a good thing, even though it may be uncomfortable. talking about uncomfortable i sang a song with josh for special music today and i have never sung into a mic or in front of anyone before, so that was fun... but i know its good to do things sometimes that you dont want to, i think i need to be more open with people and start to involve myself more in groups. so, thats what ive been thinkin about a bit.

4 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Jado, so good to pop in and see how you are doing, hey, MAKE ME A FREAKIN LINK! You're on mine anyways. Hope you are well. PS--putting together a trip hopefully with our church to Mustard Seed around Dec 15-17, similar to Capes style, let me know if you have a group of people who might be interested in coming down to join up. It would be good to have someone else along who knows how things go. Tara has my email address if you need it.

8:23 PM  
Blogger Jeff Janzen said...

Yeah, so singing into a mike, that's a problem eh? OK you liar. I was listening to you at the sound board soloed through my headphones, you have a clean good sound. Of course now I know that you can sing on your own and this means NEW POSSIBILITIES!!!!! Anyways, good job up there, see you tomorrow.

Jeff

2:19 PM  
Blogger Yours Truly said...

I'm good at the isolation thing too, though it may not look like it. Thanks for the reminder to not be a rambo Christian (a dead Chrsitian)
too bad I didn't get to hear you through a mike..you sounded great in the garage though :)
Linds

7:18 PM  
Blogger Jen J said...

Jade-o:) I'm so glad to hear you're being stretched, wish I could have been there to hear you sing, good on ya for stepping out:)

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home