Sunday, October 08, 2006

I had the pleasure of seeing three of my favorite friends Jen, Hannah, and Arron this weekend, and I realized how nice it is to take a bit of a break-it's refreshing. We had an excellent turkey dinner at the Jacobson's, where we weighed in and out and I gained 4.5 pounds (did i say it was good?) We also went surfing on Friday which was rad, the weather couldn't have been better! It was good to get away... We started up floor hockey this week and it was a blast, we do it every Thursday up in Cumberland. When I was in grade 7 that was my first encounter with YFC, and with God for that matter. Stef and Charlie were running it then, and Stef invited me out to youth group at the community church that he was youth Pastoring in Cumberland. So I am excited to be a part of that now, I know what kind of an impact it can have on someone's life.

This past weekend at Underground, Richard was speaking on Thanksgiving, and what that meant. We were asked in our small groups to write down 5 things that we are really thankful for, and look at it over the weekend each day and to pray for those things. I was surprised at how it impacted me, and realized that we should all do this way more often.

2 Comments:

Blogger Yours Truly said...

yep..surfing was amazing :)
and yep..you can sure be a blessing at floor hockey, young guys look up to you a ton-don't let them down.
What does the Caitlin's fish have to do with this week?

5:40 PM  
Blogger Jen J said...

hey bud! it was great to see ya over the weekend, glad you enjoyed the turkey. I'm looking forward to hearing more about the stuff you're involved with, it's rad that you have the opportunity to speak into so many youths lives:) God bless - Jen

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home